Monday, April 30, 2012

A Family Heirloom

This beautiful cradle has been passed throughout my family for over 90 years.  It was built for my grandfather when he was born.  He and all five of his siblings slept in it, then their children and grandchildren slept in it and now great grandchildren (and in some cases great-great grandchildren) have slept in it.  In my immediate family alone, it's on its fourth generation...my grandfather, my dad, me and my girls. It is such a special heirloom and I am thankful that both Adair and Myla Grant have gotten to experience this special cradle. It's a beautiful piece and, to have held so many babies over so many years, it is in wonderful condition. I am so glad that it is still making its way around our family and, most recently, made its way to my house.




No comments:

Post a Comment