Monday, April 23, 2012

Enough

I would be lying if I said I haven't been a total basket case of emotions since bringing Myla Grant home from the hospital.  I love my new life and I am completely overwhelmed with God's grace and goodness in entrusting these three sweet little lives to us.  I am praying He will provide the strength, energy, wisdom and patience I need to get through the early days.  I know He will!

I worried before we added Emalyn to our family, and again with Myla Grant, about having enough love to go around.  My heart is so full that I laugh now to think that I worried about being able to love all three girls enough.  My heart aches and overflows because I love them so much.  What I should have worried about is having enough hands!  I want so badly to be all things to all people...well, at least my people. I want to hold Myla Grant constantly, sit on the floor and play games and read books with Emalyn and color and pretend with Adair.  Unfortunately, by the end of most days, when I look back at the day, the majority of my time has been spent doing household tasks, making meals and feeding Myla Grant, dressing three girls and changing diapers.  I know that it will get easier and I know that we will eventually settle into a routine that works for all of us, but right now I feel like I am always neglecting someone.  Thankfully, the big girls are as happy as can be playing together and just having me be present most of the time.  Emalyn loves to latch onto my leg and both of them want to be held more, which is great by me, except when I don't have enough lap space or hands to go around...then, someone is always waiting for a turn with Mommy.  I hope that over the next few weeks, I can find a way to spend one-on-one time with Emalyn and Adair.  I want to be very intentional about maintaining each of our mother-daughter relationships, independent of their sisters, and to make them each feel special and desirable.

It is such a blessing to get to spend my days serving and loving these three little gifts.  Please pray that I would use my time wisely, but not beat myself up at the end of the day when I didn't live up to my own expectations.  Please also pray for strength and rest...and emotional stability.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment