Monday, December 13, 2010

Dear Santa

This is the first year that Adair has started to "get" the whole Santa thing. She is still not interested in sitting in his lap and telling him what she wants for Christmas or having him come down her chimney to leave her gifts, but she did "write" him a letter.

Last weekend, I was out of town for a wedding and I came home to find that she and Hank had written a letter to Santa. I can't help sharing it and hope you will be as amused by it as I was. I know you can just picture them sitting at the table drafting this letter.

Dear Santa,

I am looking forward to Christmas. I would like to ask that you take my gifts to my Nona and Joe-pa's house then they can bring them to me at my house on Christmas Day (before we go to Atlanta, please). I would like to have the following gifts:

1) Cupcakes
2) A bathtub for my little baby and big baby
3) A house for my dolls
4) Some pretend food for my kitchen

I have been a very good girl this year. I have gone poppy and tee-tee in the potty, I have been good at school, and I continue to try to obey Mommy and Daddy better.

Thank you,
Adair (2 years)


A few funny sidenotes:

Adair has been saying that she wanted Santa to take her gifts to Nona and Joe-pa's house for weeks now and she is always very specific. She came up with this idea all on her own.

When you ask her what she wants for Christmas she always says cupcakes or candy corn, so Santa has it pretty easy this year.

The other items on her wishlist were obviously prompted by her Daddy who knows what is wrapped up under the tree.

Lastly, she is very emphatic about her age right now. Any time someone asks me how old she is and we respond with "two and a half", she quickly corrects us with, "no, mommy, I two years". So, I am sure she insisted Hank include her age in her letter.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to observe the conversation that produced this letter. It truly warms my heart to imagine such a special moment between a daddy and his little girl. Maybe this will be his Christmas tradition...helping write letters to Santa.

1 comment: