Friday, December 24, 2010

A Favorite Family Tradition

A couple of days before Christmas, Adair, Nona (my mom) and I made Christmas cookies together. This is something we used to do together every Christmas when I was a little girl. Fortunately, Nona invited us to her house for this project and boy was I glad when I saw the mess we made! Perhaps this is a grandmother thing, but Nona is much better at letting Adair do things by herself, regardless of the mess she knows will follow, than I am. Adair had the best time measuring, dumping, stirring and using the cookie cutters, but her favorite part was eating them, which is no surprise. We iced the trees with green icing and sprinkled them with little disc sprinkles that looked like ornaments. Unfortunately, my camera battery died before I could get a picture of the final product, but they were adorable and delicious. I think this will definitely become a favorite family tradition.





No comments:

Post a Comment