Sunday, February 6, 2011

Adair's New Tricks

Before I tackle the title of this post, I'll update all of you on our overnight guest, CeCe, because I know you are all wondering if she found a home.  She did.  HERE. 

So far, we (meaning Adair and I) haven't been able to convince ourselves to try hard to find a home for her.  She has gotten really comfortable here and Adair loves her so much.  Hank is still pushing to give her away, but I'm afraid the ladies in the house might win this battle.  We haven't fully committed to parenting two cats, but chances are good we will be.

Now, on to Adair lately.  She is, more or less, past the age for a blog post all about milestones, but she has learned some pretty cute tricks lately.

1)  She can now jump on two feet.  By that, I mean jump up with both feet off of the ground at the same time.  This new found ability has turned her into a jumping bean.  She jumps around the house morning, noon and night!

2)  She can sing the French alphabet (well, we think she can...neither Hank nor I speak or understand French).  She takes French at school once a week and is really enjoying it.

3)  She loves to play hide-and-seek.  She sits on the couch and squeezes her eyes closed, counts to ten and then yells, "better or not, here I come".  We're not sure how "ready" turned into "better" but it's very cute.  When it's her turn to hide, she tells you exactly where she is hiding the second you say "ten". 

4)  She also loves board games.  Her favorite is Hi Ho Cherrio, but she also really likes Boggle and Memory.  I have been amazed at how much she has learned from playing these games.

5)  She can sing the B-I-B-L-E song.  If you ever went to Vacation Bible School I know you remember it.  Thanks to music, she can now spell 3 words...

A-U-B-U-R-N
B-I-N-G-O
B-I-B-L-E

6)  She recognizes and can name all of the letters and numbers.

7)  At church she has learned how to play Simon Says.  This is a brilliant way to work on obeying "all the way, right away and with a happy heart" as we say (thank you Ginger Plowman) and it's a game, so she wants to play.  You just might want to give it a try if you have a toddler in your house.

As you can see, we are having alot of fun at our house right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment