Thursday, January 20, 2011

CeCe: Our Overnight Guest

We have a new friend sleeping over at our house. After a couple of days and deep thought, Adair finally decided to call her CeCe. She is an (approximately) 8 month old, black, gray and tan striped, fluffy kitty cat. She found us on the side of the road and insisted on coming home with us, really.

Mom, Adair and I were driving to Centreville to meet Dad when Adair announced that she needed to use the potty. (I keep a small potty with disposable bags in the back of my car for just such an occasion.) So, we pulled over for Adair to go potty. As I was closing the hatch, I turned around to see this adorable kitty walking up to our car. Now, most of you know, I am a cat person. I have always had a soft spot for kitties, so I bent down to pet her and noticed that she was incredibly boney. After I stopped petting her, she jumped in our car and started trying to get into Mom's coffee. We realized she must be starving, so we gave her the only food we had in the car, a Dunkin Donuts munchkin. We tried to throw it away from the car, so she would eat and we could pull away without running over her, but she gobbled it up so quickly that she was back before we could leave. Mom had her window down and she jumped into the car through the window. She was bound and determined that we weren't leaving without her, so we didn't. Since there were no house for miles (we were in the country) and she was so thin, we had to assume she was homeless. We took her to the vet to have her examined and she has now been bathed, tested for feline leukemia, dewormed, given flea and mite prevention medicine (she had none), and vaccinated.

So, now she is sleeping over at our house and we need to find a good home for her. Eleanor, our cat, has not been very welcoming to CeCe, but is tolerating her for now. She is the sweetest kitty, truly. She is very loving and just follows you around. She has a great disposition, rarely meows, has been very tolerant of Adair and hasn't tried to scratch anything yet. I love her already, as does Adair, but the more practical family member (Hank) says we don't need a second kitty living in our house. I know he is probably right, which is why I am posting about her here. If you or anyone you know is interested in adopting her, she is free to a good home. Please email me at brecca.powers@gmail.com if you would like to know more about her. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment