Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to the Man in Our Lives

Saturday was Hank's 35th birthday (of course, he won't admit to being a day over 29 if you ask him). 

I have to admit, I thought I had made a big mistake taking her with me to buy his birthday presents.  As we were checking out, it occurred to me that 2 year olds are not the best secret keepers.  Because I was already at the register and committed, I went with it.  On the way home we had a long talk about what it means to keep a fun secret and that Daddy would enjoy being surprised when he opened the boxes.  So everyday for a week and a half she told him that we had a present for him, but it was a secret what was inside.  She never "spilled the beans" and I was so proud of her.  By the time his birthday finally rolled around she couldn't wait to help him open the boxes and see what was inside.  By her excitement you would think we bought him toys or books for his birthday, in reality it was shirts and ties...not so exciting for a 2 year old.  However, keeping it a secret for a week and a half made it all the more exciting.

Adair loves birthdays and loves to celebrate with her Daddy.  She helped him open his gifts, his cards, and blow out the candles.  Friday night we celebrated with dinner at home and opened gifts, Saturday morning we had a fun breakfast with my parents at The Original Pancake House in Southside, and Saturday night we had a wonderful dinner with some close friends at Chuck's Fish.  Thanks so much to everyone who celebrated with us.  It was a fun filled weekend. 

Happy birthday, Hank!  We love you very much and enjoyed celebrating 35 wonderful years of you this weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment