Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Special Friends, Special Weekend

This weekend was a very special one!  Two of my closest friends are getting married this Fall and we've been celebrating around here.  Three weeks ago we had a backyard barbque for Loren and Bobby to celebrate their wedding coming up on September 24 and this past Saturday we honored Kara and Mark with a shrimp boil.  They will tie the knot on October 8.  I am so very excited for these girls and can't wait to see what God has in store for their families!  Unfortunately, it rained the night of Loren's party, so I was scrambling so much to save the tables, chairs and centerpieces from the rain that I didn't snap a single picture.  I did manage to make my rounds with my camera this weekend, though, and thankfully we escaped the summer thunderstorm this time!



The Happy Couple: Kara and Mark 

Sweet friends who came to celebrate with Kara and Mark:
Kimber, me, Sharon, Katie, Kara & Loren

Yummy, but Messy Shrimp Boil


The Almost Newlywed Game: Describe your fiance in one word.
He said "sweet"; she said "fun"...what a match!

Best friends from our Samford days:
Sharon, Katie, Kimber, Loren, Mary Ellen, Kara, me & Meg

As you can see, it just so happened that so many of our precious friends from Samford were able to make it into town to celebrate with Kara this weekend that it became a mini girls weekend.  We had a wonderful time catching up and hanging out with each other's children.  It was such a refreshing weekend!

The kiddos: Jack & Sam, Britton & Jacob,
Adair, Hadley & Ellen Kate, and Sixten

The kiddos with the girls: Kara, Blair, Loren, Meg,
me, Mary Ellen & Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment