Sunday, August 19, 2012

Emalyn: Six Months in our Arms

SIX MONTHS! I can hardly believe we made it; we survived! When we headed to China, being home six months was the point in the adoption process that I looked forward to reaching. Most other people's experiences showed that six months as a family was a huge milestone, so I longed to get there with our family in one piece. In a lot of ways, we have had our heads above the water for some time now, but I have looked forward to Emalyn being in our arms for six months in spite of that.

I am not sure when it happened, but at some unknown point during the last six months, our family solidified.  At some point, we started to feel normal again.  At some point, our hearts merged. 

Emalyn is an unbelievable little girl.  She loves people, she loves attention, she loves her sisters, she loves going places, she loves learning, she loves helping, and she really loves eating!  We are smitten by her and she truly fills in the gap we didn't even know our family had. 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment