Sunday, June 10, 2012

Emalyn's First Birthday Party

Don't let my title mislead you, I know this wasn't Emalyn's first birthday, although I wish we could go back and be there with her for that milestone, too.  I do believe this was her very first ever birthday party, though, so we wanted it to be special.  We had such a sweet day celebrating our little monkey (lovingly nicknamed that because of her adventurous spirit and ability to climb anything) with family and friends. 

As I planned her celebration, I often wondered how she would respond to a house full of people and a lot of attention.  Despite her outgoing personality, she can be shy and reserved at times and I didn't want her to be overwhelmed.  Well, I worried for no reason.  This sweet thing was in her element.  She knew the day was all about her and she made the best of it, ate up all of the attention and walked around with a skip in her step.  She was hilarious!




We invited close friends and family for brunch and backyard play to celebrate Emalyn turning two.  We had a great time visiting with those who have been most supportive and encouraging through our journey to Emalyn and since bringing her home.  The outpouring of love for our daughter has been truly amazing to see and we wanted to celebrate, not only her birthday, but her life and her being home.







Surprise!

Digging for dinosaur bones...not something my girls would think of,
but they loved the idea once it was introduced by the boys.

"Happy birthday to you"




So much personality

Sweet friends: Mamie, Emalyn and Mei Sims

Myla Grant



No comments:

Post a Comment