Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Ballard

This past Saturday, I had the pleasure of standing beside one of my dearest friends as she said "I do" to her prince charming.  Kara and I met on bid night of our Freshman year at Samford and became fast friends.  A couple of years after college, she moved to Khon Khan, Thailand to work with college students and minister to the people of Thailand.  It was a leap of faith and God has blessed her abundantly for her obedience.  She was able to see many friends come to Christ and grow in their faith during her five and a half years in Thailand.  While she was in Thailand, Kara met Mark (a youth minister in Macon, GA) through mutual friends.  Their relationship began over Skyppe, Facebook and email and grew over brief visits to each other's current home.  It has been so neat to watch God grow this chance meeting from a friendship to a courtship to a marriage over the last year.  They are the perfect couple and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for their marriage.  Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Ballard!

The happy couple

The beautiful bride

Hank, me and Adair

Tricia, Ashley, Katie, Loren and me

Hadley and Adair

They loved dancing together!

Like I said, loved it!

Samford girls: Loren, Mary Ellen, Tricia, Lora, Blair,
Ashley, me, Kara, Katie, Meg, and Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment