Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen, Indeed!

Christ is RISEN, He is RISEN indeed!

Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh glorious day, Oh glorious day!

We love Easter in the Powers' house.  It's just such a glorious day where we acknowledge formally that Christ is risen.  If not for Christ's resurrection, our faith would be without merit, but because Christ not only died, but also was raised, we have life everlasting and a reason to live. 

The resurrection is difficult to explain to an almost three year old.  For the last few weeks we have enjoyed listening to "Jesus is Alive" on one of Adair's CD's and each time we sing it (alive, alive, alive forevermore, my Jesus is alive) Adair responds, "Jesus isn't alive...I've never seen Him".  It's given us a great opportunity, time and again, to talk to her about Jesus's resurrection.  I really think she is starting to understand and it's given us a great picture of what faith really is...believing in something not yet seen.

We enjoyed a wonderful service at church today followed by lunch with my family.  After lunch, Adair hunted Easter eggs and opened her Easter basket.





No comments:

Post a Comment