Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving we have so much for which to be thankful. Above all, I am thankful for God's saving grace and am reminded of the verse we all memorized as small children, "For God so loved the world that He sent His one and only son that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life." What a special, undeserved and freely given gift. To me, Thanksgiving is such a wonderful way to enter into the season in which we celebrate the birth of our Savior.

I am also incredibly thankful for a wonderful husband who is an incredible father, amazing parents who are wonderful grandparents, and my precious, sweet spirited daughter. Adair, you are truly a perfect gift from God and I hope you always know how thankful I am to be your mommy!

We spent Thanksgiving Day with my family. We enjoyed the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (my favorite Thanksgiving tradition and one I introduced to Adair this year), great family time, a wonderful meal of fried turkey, dressing and all of the Southern "fixins", and of course, too many deserts. Adair was the youngest in attendance and totally stole the show as she passed out necklaces for everyone...including the men...and insisted everyone wear them.

It was a wonderful day. I hope we can make every day more like Thanksgiving and recall all year what we have to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment